- If Imec is scanning or manipulating images for your layout, request low-resolution versions of our high-resolution files to place in your layout file. This helps us achieve a more exact match of your image placement.
- If you’re providing digital high-resolution images, let us convert your RGB files to CMYK. Let us know that your files need to be converted, and our color professionals will use our software and experience to get the best results from your images.
- Make sure your images have sufficient resolution for output. In general, a 300dpi image that is enlarged no more than 150-200% is acceptable for printing.
- If applying special effects to a low-resolution image, document the steps and settings used. Also, include your low-resolution layered file for our reference when you send your layout files.
- For optimum Acrobat preferences and settings in creating a print-ready PDF, please consult your Imec representative.